Knights of the Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of the Phoenix

One of Renaissance Kingdoms Oldest Armies

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios

Go down 
+6
Helius
StarKey
Ljay
elson88
Elmix
Aiiane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Aiiane
Visitor

Number of posts : 260
RK Residence (County, Town) : Keswick, Cumberland
Registration date : 2008-01-18

In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Empty
PostSubject: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:37 pm

It is with a heavy heart I report the passing of Colonel George "Gourounisios" Bruce. He had been missing for quite some time and I did fear the worse, but I have received news that he has passed into Jah's loving hands.

May he rest easy knowing those who are left behind will continue to carry the banner of the KoP that he loved so dearly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:02 pm

May he rest in peace :salute 2:
Back to top Go down
Elmix
The Grand Master
The Grand Master
Elmix

Number of posts : 1822
RK Residence (County, Town) : Holywell, Westmorland
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:33 pm

May Colonel George "Gourounisios" Bruce rest in peace.

He was a great knight of the Phoenix who made all of us proud.

:salute 2:
Back to top Go down
elson88
Seneschal
Seneschal
elson88

Number of posts : 1643
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumberland
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:33 am

this is a sad news to me. Shall hold a funeral services for him ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:41 am

I believe paying respects would be enough here.
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:14 am

Gour was a quiet, private person and I also believe that he would be pleased and apprecative with just a quiet rememberance of him here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:47 am

Jah rest his soul, we have lost an honourable knight.
Back to top Go down
Ljay
Visitor
Ljay

Number of posts : 62
RK Residence (County, Town) : Glasgow, Lanark
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:10 pm

I did not get to meet him i feel bad about that. I will remember his name always. I pray Jah has given him his wings already to watch over us.

Peace be with you Great Knight.
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:29 pm

There are a number of people in Stafford who wish to hold a memorial for Gour. It will be held in the Stafford Church forum, Forum 2. I think it will allow for any who wish to attend to do so without travel to Stafford as I think that is an open and public forum. I know I can access it even if I am not within Stafford's borders.

I will post here when I know the exact date. I think Salter, Stafford's current Duke, is going to post an announcement in the London Commons as well.
Back to top Go down
StarKey
Marshal
Marshal
StarKey

Number of posts : 761
RK Residence (County, Town) : Alais, Languedoc, France
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:25 pm

It is indeed sad to note the passing of Colonel Gourounisios. He was a man committed to serving his community, a devoted warrior who fought against those who would do harm to the honest, hard working people of our land. The KOP was a better place because of his involvement, a dedicated, honest and soft spoken man whose passing leaves us saddened. Paying homage to his life, recognizing the number of people he influenced, his character, as a citizen, the example he set for others to follow is a testament to the values he held to be true.

Jah's speed Colonel Gourounisios.

:salute 2:
Back to top Go down
Helius
Marshal
Marshal
Helius

Number of posts : 637
RK Residence (County, Town) : Chester,Beeston
Registration date : 2007-10-25

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:38 am

England has lost a good man
the Kop has lost a good brother

MAy jah receive him within his graces
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 am

Colonel Bruce's memorial service will be held on June 21 in the Stafford Churches forum, Forum II

Anyone residing in England should be able to see that forum (baring issues with the forum itself).

I am sure he would be honored by the attendance of those he called friends and comrades.
Back to top Go down
AIsafe
Marshal
Marshal
AIsafe

Number of posts : 1383
RK Residence (County, Town) : Lancaster, Manchester

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:56 am

Col Gourounisios was an honourable man and A well respected Knight, we will come say goodbye to our fellow Brother who has passed on.
Back to top Go down
_maeve_
Sergeant
Sergeant
_maeve_

Number of posts : 492
RK Residence (County, Town) : Galloway
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:36 am

I believe that England, Scotland and Ireland can all see it, so hopefully those of us beyond England's borders can pay their respects too.
Back to top Go down
elson88
Seneschal
Seneschal
elson88

Number of posts : 1643
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumberland

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:17 am

Although my Char is now in Coma. But My retainer (NPC - Mac Ming) will be attending on my behalf.

Is there anything we can do for him?
Back to top Go down
Tastie
Inactive

Number of posts : 308
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumbria, Carlisle
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:21 am

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.

May he rest in peace, till we meet again.
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:37 am

General Elson, Gour respected you greatly and I think your presence there, in whatever shape or form, would be all that he asked or needed.

Col. Tastie, truer words were never spoken. I look forward to the day when Gour and Aiiane can meet again, whereever that may be.
Back to top Go down
jannge
Visitor

Number of posts : 1
RK Residence (County, Town) : Birmingham (Stafford)
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:05 am

I havent been a member for so long and I havent meet all of this great soilders of the Crown but I wished that I could, and now I know that I wont see one loved like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios   In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In loving memory of Colonel Gourounisios
Page 1 of 1