Knights of the Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of the Phoenix

One of Renaissance Kingdoms Oldest Armies

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

{RP} A Visitor Arrives

Go down 
+6
l.morningstern
elson88
Tastie
trey22
correus
Loren Soth
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StarKey
Marshal
Marshal
StarKey

Number of posts : 761
RK Residence (County, Town) : Alais, Languedoc, France
Registration date : 2007-09-23

{RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 am

Hearing rumor that a man clad in a kilt and bearing the description of his long time friend and former TC from their days in Arundel, BG StarKey hurriedly makes his way towards the KOP HQ to see for himself if it is true.

Arriving and seeing the door closed to Gen Correus's office, he asks the orderly, who is present within. He is told it is a meeting of several members of the High Command with a diplomat from Scotland. Not being a member of the HC and not wanting to disrupt such a high level meeting, BG Starkey waits patiently outside, hoping to buy his old friend that drink he had so long ago promised. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
correus
Visitor
correus

Number of posts : 396
RK Residence (County, Town) : Worcester, Evesham
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:08 am

Hearing a lite knock at the office door, Correus excuses himself for a minute and opens it. After a brief conversation, he takes the letter. Noticing BG Starkey, he waves him into the office. You should join us as well sir. Returning to his seat, Correus opens the letter and reads the brief note inside. Sighing, he addresses the room. Good people, it seems that once again the powers that be have neglected to keep us lowly soldiers informed. I have just received this from HRH. Correus slides the document across the table for everyone to see.
Quote:
Entente of Goodwill and Mutual Defense
Let it be known by this document that the Kingdom of England hereby declares a bond of friendship and mutual respect with the Kingdom of Scotland. By the signature of this treaty, the Lords shall respect all the articles below and shall maintain their good relationship.
I. Cultural Harmony
1. Language
Each country party to this treaty will provide a competent ambassador, enjoying the trust of the appointed leadership so that s/he can be certain that all exchanges will be kept strictly confidential.
2. The People
The appointed leadership of the signed parties hereby vow to promote exchanges of culture.
II. Political Harmony
1. Embassies
Access to the embassy will be restricted to the appointed leadership currently in place, as well as appropriate members of their ambassadorial staff. Ambassadors will have the power to translate messages in a direct fashion.
2. Dialogue - Talks
At least once every three weeks, the appointed leadership and/or their representatives will meet inside the embassy in order to discuss their policies, that of their neighbors and any subject placed on the meeting’s agenda by any one of them.
III. Military
1. Engagement
In case of an offensive war started by one of the signatories and deemed justified by the other signatory, the signatory may give material support primarily, and secondarily its support in terms of men. If the signatory doesn't deem the offensive war as being justified, then no support is owed.
2. Defense
In case of defensive war, the signatories will have to give their support in terms of men and material so that a common military victory can be achieved.
IV. Equitable Sovereignty
This treaty supersedes any existing or future defense or alliance treaties with any counties within the Kingdom of England.
It is agreed that the present treaty binds the countries signing it, without any validity limit. With exception that at the end of each election, the new appointed leadership can, within a period not to exceed 10 days, choose to end the alliance with no repercussions. If the treaty is not contested within the period of 10 days following the installation of a new government, the treaty is to be held intact and valid until such time as a new election is held.

For Scotland
Hypno, Duke of Galloway, chief of Macgillivray clan.
https://2img.net/h/i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee82/LordLyonCourt/seals/galloway-sealgreen1.gif
For England
HRH Prince Algernon Uain O'Rourke de Hanley

http://leanasidhe.com/rk/coh/seals/People/Regent/regentgreen.gif
Back to top Go down
Algernon
Visitor
Algernon

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:53 pm

'M'Lord Correus! M'Lord Correus!' a young page scrambled to find a closed office door. He looked around disturbed and finally spied a sentry guard. 'Dear Sir,' the lad cried. 'I have heard that the legendary Loren Soth is in the room. He might, along with Lord Correus, hope to see the recent proclamation by the Prince.' He handed the guard its text.
Back to top Go down
elson88
Seneschal
Seneschal
elson88

Number of posts : 1643
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumberland
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:01 am

Gen Elson raise and clap.

"Ladies & Gentlemen, shall we have another toast for this special occasion. For the friendship peaces of the 2 countries always remain."
Back to top Go down
Tastie
Inactive

Number of posts : 308
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumbria, Carlisle
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:07 am

Tasite raise her glass. "To friendship peaces of the 2 countries always remain."
Back to top Go down
Palestine_Steel
Marshal
Marshal
Palestine_Steel

Number of posts : 154
RK Residence (County, Town) : Sussex, Dover
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:27 am

Palestine Steel raises his glass. "To friendship peaces of the 2 countries always remain."
Back to top Go down
correus
Visitor
correus

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 am

With Great Relief Correus raises a glass. To Peace and Co-Operation! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
l.morningstern
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
l.morningstern

Number of posts : 259
RK Residence (County, Town) : traveling
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:48 am

Lydia salutes BG Starkey and BG Steel respectively as they enter.
After her turn of a thorough read of the document Lydia raises her glass to loren and cheers.

To long lasting Friendship and Peace Field Marshall!!

Those two things are very important to her, personally, and often she has found that, with cooperation, the two intermix far beyond normal bounderies and can accomplish so much.

Lydia drinks and the warmth of the liquid and the strength of the alcohol make her cough involuntarily.
She's not used to hard liquor.
She lowers the glass as the heat hits her stomack like a hot brick.
Her eyes flash wide open. Maybe some food?
You must be starving Field Marshall. Let me see to everyone's well being.
Nothing like good food to top off good will and good cheer.

She remembered the serfs and hopes they are still in the hall.
Putting down the glass and excusing herself, she walks to the door on wobbly legs
*hips* 'scuse me
gets their attention and gives the waiters a come hither wave.

Refreshments

{RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 ARK--promotion6hornsandstand

as well as wholesome foods

{RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 ARK--medievallunch many local dishes {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 ARK--promotionfood_on_table

can't forget sweet desserts...{RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 ARK--promotionadessert

Help yourselves and enjoy.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loren Soth
Visitor

Number of posts : 11
RK Residence (County, Town) : Galloway, Drummore
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Loren is in the process of greeting so many of his dear friends as the signed document proclaiming the mutual friendship of the two countries arrives. As Correus reads aloud the treaty, Loren's heart soars. Now there can finally start a combined effort to greatly improve the status of the two neighbours.

Loren raises his glass as he smiles at Starkey, one of his oldest and dearest friends,"My friends, this day marks a pivotal point in the histories of our two countries. A day when we are bound to aid each other in times of need. I can say with great pride that I was here when we all saw that we now are truly allies. I will raise my glass, and do so with pride, to the efforts put forth. To England and Scotland, long may the roads be clear and safe, and may we all strive to maintain them in such a fashion."

Loren raises his glass high and then drinks deeply of the spirit. As Lydia provides food for the gathering a page rushes in with a another copy of the document, this one official in every sense of the word. Loren smiles and looks at it once more and knows now that finally there can be a lasting peace between both fine countries.

"Now it truly is a celebration!! Let us begin!!"
Back to top Go down
StarKey
Marshal
Marshal
StarKey

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 pm

StarKey pours himself a wee bit from a bottle and raises his glass,

"To peace and harmony between out two great nations!"

"cheers!"

eyeing the food Lydia had ordered brought in, his stomach grumbles and he remembers he had not eatin since much earlier. Grabbing a plate he avails himself of the spread.

He looks at Lorens kilt and smiles.... he would never get use to seeing his old TC wearing a skirt. lol!
Back to top Go down
Loren Soth
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:30 am

Seeing Starkey smilng and knowing that grin, Loren raises his kilt a little to flash him some of his hairy legs, a grin on his face, "Ye like that Star?"

Loren bursts out laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
l.morningstern
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
l.morningstern

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 am

Lydia, having chosen water over the old whiskey *cough*, sprays the gulp, she had just took, almost everywhere in front of her at FM Soth's...uhm...display...and blushes crimson red as she swiftly walks to a corner where she tries to hide her embarrassment pretending to inspect some...um...cakes...yes...
Back to top Go down
correus
Visitor
correus

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:58 am

Correus can't control himself and breaks out Laughing at l.morningsterns embarrasment. Loren you Old Dog. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tastie
Inactive

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:21 am

Taking with Elson as they eat, when she heard StarKey tease Loren about his kilt. As Tasite turn to see what they were talking about she see Loren teasing StarKey and Lydia blushing. Tasite whistles at her friend Loren, then like Correus she couldn't stop herself from laughing. lol!
Back to top Go down
Loren Soth
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 am

Loner laughs as the bright red glow of Lydia's embarrassment slightly brightens the room. Loren winks at Tastie, "It's a good thing I never showed her the Full Moon of Scotland then eh?"

Talking a little louder, "Ma'am, are you alright over there? couldn't help but notice the sudden.......display a moment ago and am wondering if you need any assistance?"
Back to top Go down
l.morningstern
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
l.morningstern

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:53 am

Lydia hears the chuckles and knows they are laughing with her.
She cant help but snicker along now. Especially at the full moon remark.
Which she overheard! She turns to face her audience.

No, Field Marshall, thank you. Apparently, I dont need any assistance.
I seem to be quite capable of embarrassing myself nicely, all on my own.

She flashes her brightest smile and looks a bit sheepish, still very flushed.
Back to top Go down
StarKey
Marshal
Marshal
StarKey

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:56 pm

While eating, StarKey catchs a glimse of Lorens hairy leg out of the corner of his eye, which got him to thinking, last time I saw that much hair on leg was a little barmaid I met up in Girvan during the time of my travels throughout Scotland.... must be something in the water up there that produces such hairy beings. The thought sends a shiver down his back, he refocuses on his food and drink, only wishing to dispel such images from his mind. drunken
Back to top Go down
StarKey
Marshal
Marshal
StarKey

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:17 am

Sitting, relaxing enjoying a quiet moment, letting the food settle with a glass of wine. A knock on the door, an orderly steps in and says

"Excuse me Sirs and Madam, I have a message here for Gen. Starkey"

StarKey stands as the young man approachs, reaching out his hand and taking the wax sealed document from him.

"Thank you Corporal"

Carefully breaking the seal, unfolding the document he reads to himself:

Quote :
Sir StarKey, Lord of Alcyone, Baron of Alcester

Congradtulations! You have chosen the State and Army way, you shall be honored. In all His great kindness, the Divine Being bestows upon you the vocation of service to the Army.

23-02-2008 04:38 : Congratulations! You have levelled up!

The Counts First Secretary

He smiles, neatly folds the paper to save. Very Happy

"Gentlemen and Lady, this notes bears good news for me and the future of the KOP. Yesterday I petitioned the Counts First Secretary for recognition as a candidate for study at the University, a level 3 request"

Holding up the paper

"The request was granted, I am now a full level 3 Army Way"

"A toast, to England and the KOP, Scotland and the RSA.... shall we all live in peace and come to each others defense if and when that day arrives"

"Salute!!!"
Back to top Go down
correus
Visitor
correus

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:55 am

Correus raises his glass. Congratulations! Good News Indeed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:16 am

Noticing the group of people the princess goes over and sneaks a seat by Tasite crossing her arms observing what is going on.
Back to top Go down
l.morningstern
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
l.morningstern

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:20 am

Hear, hear!!! BG Starkey!
Congratulations.

*Lydia fills and raises her glass of...water* sunny
Back to top Go down
Loren Soth
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 am

Loren smiles at the news of Starkey attaining the Army Way, he stands, "Congratulations, I know that you above all people will quickly finish the studies required and lead a glorious army into battle." Loren raises his glass, "I salute you sir!" Loren drains the glass and lays it on the table, upside down.

"But now I must be heading back, there are things which require my attention. My friends it has been so very good to have shared your company once more. I look forward to when we shall meet again." Loren offers a salute to those gathered and leaves, mounting the pony quickly he spurs the mount off towards Scotland.

(Back later guys)
Back to top Go down
Collen of Caen
Visitor

Number of posts : 145
RK Residence (County, Town) : Oxford, Birmingham
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: A Brother   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm

As Loren rode, Coll went a little way with him.

Remember us my brother, and return when you are able.
Back to top Go down
http://knightsoftheswordand.easyphpbb.com/index.php
elson88
Seneschal
Seneschal
elson88

Number of posts : 1643
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumberland
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:57 pm

As Loren is leaving, Elson accompany him to the gate

"Farewall my friend. Do take care of yourself. Do feel free to visit KOP as our door is alway open for you."

"I look forward to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Tastie
Inactive

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Standing Tas walk over to her friend and hugs him. "Don't make us wait along time to see you again." Then she watches as Elson and Loren leave the room. Turning to the Princess, "let go get a glass of milk and cookies. she giggles."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {RP} A Visitor Arrives   {RP} A Visitor Arrives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{RP} A Visitor Arrives
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next