Knights of the Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of the Phoenix

One of Renaissance Kingdoms Oldest Armies

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-08-29

(RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo Empty
PostSubject: (RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo   (RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:02 pm

[Retrieved from old KoP forum --> here]
Posting time was in GMT+8

Gen. Gooch De Grey - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:54 am
Quote :

Born on the 11 August 2006

Last known address
County : Worcester
Town : Hereford

Nicollo is DEAD.

Level : 1
Reputation Points : 17
Money : 144

Nicollo breeds pigs.

Last connection the 04 November 2006 à 21h13

Role Play description

Young man of Italian heritage that has a hot head and high ambitions.

Parents where representatives of an Italian Merchant that went Bankrupt. Stranding us here. But I am starting to like it here.

Parents finally got tired of my free-loading and kicked me out of their home to make my way in the world.

Will want to make a military career, but may want to travel first.
******** Profile update *****

24-08-2006 04:11 : Congratulations! You have leveled up!

I farm pigs and am a member of the army now (joined August 21st). I'm not a free-loader anymore but still don't feel that I've fullfilled all that I want to do.

I've also met someone special yet sometimes it seems we will never be.

I still have a yearing to travel. To see other parts of this country. This I will do very soon.

******** Profile update (Sept 5)*****
I'm traveling now. I am helping the fair Lady Myrnia on her quest to find her children.

******** Profile update (Sept 1*****
I'm still helping Lady Myrnia, but an involved with the Royal Acadamy of Military Arts. Currently a Pikeman with the Wiltshire Army.

******** Profile update (Sept 21)*****
Lady Myrnia has found one of her two daughters. Gonna rest up and get some money in BW before heading off again to find her other daughter.

21-09-2006 04:17 : You are on a talking spree today! You feel you could free your people and lead them to Zion!

******** Profile update (Sept 2*****
Resting and saving in Bridgewater. Now a Man-at-Arms in the Wiltshire Army and a private in the KoP (joined Sept 27)

03-10-2006 04:19 : This morning, you get out of your bed using a ladder, which is kind of funny because you used to sleep on a straw mattress on the ground. Nevermind, it's perhaps a little bit to short to climb up to Jah, but you might use it to pick some more fruits...

******** Profile update (Oct 9)*****
Was on patrol from Glouchester to Bath and was attacked by the criminal Swanja
Promoted to Corporal of KoP
Retainer to Dame Trishia

******** Profile update (Oct 10)*****
Promoted to Horseman of the Wiltshire Army

******** Profile update (Oct 2*****
Have been tracking WoS activity in Wiltshire, with the KoP when...

Also my relationship with Myrnia, from a romantic sense, for now, has ended.

A new colony is created. I'm moved to Hereford. A new challange. A new army.

On the rainy morning of November 4th 1454, People gathered to the give Nicollo their last respects.
Gooch stands in front of the gathered KoP crowd
Nicollo was a man who always knew what he wanted and he always went after it. He was an honourable man that always had good intentions. I talked to him quite often at the Luv Shack in Bridgewater and i always considered him a friend. But if i knew him like i think i did, he would want us to move on and make the KoP even better, just like he wanted it to be.
Gooch walks towards the back of the crowd and takes a seat, sheding a small tear.

panagiotis - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:18 am

panagiotis was heading to the ceremony,upon his way he noticed crows have filled the sky,and thought,"if that is not nature's mourning then what is it?".he moved and gave his respects to the dead hero fighting for the glory of KOP and England.a feeling of sorrow filled the atmosphere as he was heading to the rest of the crowd where he noticed the gooch,he saluted him and took his place in the crowd,he told himself,though he didn't knew him very well he understood what the older KOP members were talkin about, "in death we all are brothers,in sorrow we all unite,in glory we all do march".After that he looked towards the sky,and then his eyes lookes towards the forest,and then spoke to the close friends of the dead hero who were standing near him,"i know how sorrowfull you all are,bt don't worry,we will get em and his death shall be avenged",and then he went to the rear seats and was sunk in deep thought.

elson88 - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:54 am

General Elson and other men, busy in the funeral arrangementsfor their late fellow warrior, Cpl Nicollo.

He ordered 4 men to be station in each corner of Nicollo’s body as guard, and place a basket of flower in front his body.

(RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo Flower

After all this had been done, General Elson decided to start the ceremony

“Attention!!” He yelled out and follows by placing a KOP’s Flag covering Nicollo’s body.

“I am now honour to promote Cpl Nicollo to 2nd Lt,” He yelled again “ Salute to Lt Nicollo”

sajanzv - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:03 am

It was a very sobering experience for Sajanzv as he approached the casket in which the slain hero, Cpl. Nicollo, lay. As he stood there, he remembered the many times Nicollo had visited Bath during his numerous patrols to and from Bridgewater.

It numbed his mind when he had learned that this great servant of the Kingdom had died in battle, slain by brigands outside of Hereford. Yet when he heard more, his heart swelled with pride that he had known Nicollo, for he stared death in the face with courage, and fought valiantly to the end despite being badly outnumbered.

As Sajanzv stood there by the casket, he murmured to himself, "I shall strive to see that you are avenged, my friend. Now go to God. Till we meet again" With that vow in his heart, Sajanzv stepped back from the casket to allow others to pay their respect to this great warrior.

JuliusOctavius - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:05 am

Julius walks up to the crowd to witness this event. He was not a member of the KoP, nor did he know Nocollo, but he had heard of him. A soldier full of courage and potential, who gave his life fighting for his country. This is what Julius wanted to witness, and show his respect to.

He walks up to Sajan patting him on the shoulder, and then moves on to the display that the KoP had set up with honor.

A soldier.

A friend of many.

And a brother in arms.

'tis a sad day to see any man fall in battle, but we must know that he died an honorable and meaninful way. Fighting for his beliefs.

In memory of his death, those of you passing through Chard, whenever you like. You may have a free drink at the expense of the OL Treasury.

Im afraid it will only be able to numb the pain from this loss though, but its the least I can do.

Julius then backs up after placing a Ribbon on the display for Nicollo. He was not a Legionnaire, but he died a soldiers death, and the Legion recognizes him as a man of courage.

He then walks to the back, allowing the men to show thier respect to thier lost comrade.

Thorax - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:30 am

Lt Thorax approached the body with a heavy heart. He knew that England had a courageous son. He stood in attention and salute the body of Lt Nicollo.
He was never good in attending these ceremonies. To know that one of our friend, a brave knight will not be with us any more is very sad indeed.
Thorax then steps back and watched on as others poured in to take a last sight of Lt Nicollos body.

Utor - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:10 am

Standing amidst the crowd, Utor bowed his head in respect for this man that was his comrade.
How he wished he knew him better but it was too late.
As he looked up towards the sky, he saw a single dove flying towards the heaven.
"He has moved on to a better place. He has earned it...good luck - fellow comrade, brother."

IvoLeite - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:13 am

IvoLeite arrives into the ceremony and he sees some familiar faces amoung the crowd. IvoLeite stays in the back of the ceremony and doesn't talk to anyone, he only makes eye contact with the other people. No words are needed, we all know how each other fell, we all share the same pain.
IvoLeite remembers the day he met Nicollo in Chard. Nicollo was the first KoP he ever knew and he asked IvoLeite why didn't he join KoP. That was my first aproach to the KoP family. I'm glad we have met...

myrnia - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 pm

Myrnia arrive at the ceremony with her heart filled with sadness.
She was asked by General Elson to say some words about Nicollo but she doesn't know she could do this.
She stands alone looking all people around and thinking about this great lost.

Oh, Nicollo, if at least you had listened mine last advice... I asked you not to move for a while... Can you see how many people are here for you? You were predestined to great facts, and now? Who would take your place?

Taking a long breath, Myrnia goes to the front and say her speach:

Nicollo was a young man who wants to change the world.
He was kind and a really gentleman and have many ambitions.
He wants to be a good farmer, but could not stop himself whe he heard the call of the army.
Nicollo doesn't want to be in any place, he want to travel and to do what he feel is right to do. He love to be in the Kop and I'm sure he would be glad to see how many friends he make in this short time.

He love the road and the wood forest and fortunatelly this was his last view of this world. Rest in peace my dear friend. We will always miss you.

With tears in her eyes she seat again alone in a far place.

Trishia - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:46 pm

Trishia had made the long journey to the ceremony in the Honor Guard of her good friend and loyal Retainer.
As the ceremony started she heard the words of his friends and the tears were in her eyes. She then steps forward and tries to start her speach, but words come short. What does one say when a good friend is gone?

Nicollo, we will miss you, you were a light in our lives with your williness to live. You were the example of the bravest soldier i ever met, with your williness to die in battle.
Your skills, professionalism and clear mind made you loved and respected among your subordinates and your superiors.

Nicollo, this world will be much colder without you.

Trishia takes out the sword she had promised to Nicollo, a sword forever unnamed, and places it on the casket.

Maybe not a knight in name, but certainly a knight in heart. Fare well my friend.

G.O.A Zerostar - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:55 pm

zerostar approaches the casket of nicollo. his face steady but mournfull.

when he reaches the casket he turns and address's the crowd.

"today is a sad day indeed. on this occasion we have the unfortunate task of saying good bye to a dear freind and honored soldier. his death marks the first death of a kop soldier in action. in honor of this great man and his great sacrifice i am honoring him posthumosly an award wich shall bear the name of nicollo himself."

Turning around and addresing lt nicollo, Zerostar says.

"LT Nicollo for your ultimate sacrifice to protect your country and king i award you this medal wich is designated for those who show exseptional valor and courage and pay the ultimate price in ensuring the safety and security of mother england. i award you the Nicollo Medal of Valor."

zerostar bends down and places the medal over nicollos heart.

(RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo Nicollo

"god bless you"

zerostar then salutes LT Nicollo one last time then turns and walks towards the back of the room.

Guest - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:03 pm

A Yeoman wearing the colors of House Dudley and bearing the Regents crest upon his shield enters bearing a large wreath.
He places the wreath by the casket and bows to the fallen knight.

M'Lord would have all know that this man was known to him for his honor and loyalty and the he will not be forgotten by M'Lord.

With that he withdraws from the assemblage.

2nd Lt. Magelet - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Magelet steps up to Nicollo's casket, and is at a loss for words. She hadn't known Nicollo very well, but everything she had known about him, and every experience with him had been a good one. He had been a kind, sincere young man, who would be greatly missed by all. A few tears slid down her face, as she gently touched the casket, and whispered "Goodbye Lt. Nicollo." She then steped back to mourn quietly and to allow others to pay their respects.

StarKey - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Never having had the honor of meeting this Man, but having heard of his great deeds, StarKey steps up to the coffin...snaps to attention and

*salutes*

"God speed Lt. Nicollo"

Turning about, he marchs back to the rear of the assembled group and stands at ease, bowing his head slightly.

Last edited by StarKey on Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mousie - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:43 pm

Mousie came up to the casket all in tears. It was very hard to see one of the men to lose his life. She didn't know him that well but knew in her heart he was a fine cpl. Mousie spoke in a soft voice.

You will be missed, rest in peace.

Then kissed him on the forehead. She walked away in tears wondering.

How this could happened to the most important person?

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://kotp.forumotion.net
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-08-29

(RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo   (RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:13 pm

GenRay(Loren Soth) - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Raythouse has sat and listened to the words of all the people who have spoken before him, his heart lifted as heard them speak so well, yet also filled with dread. It was his turn.

He stepped up to the front of the service, lightly touching the coffin as he passed. He turned and looked out over the congration, and took a deep, steading breath and began.

"My fellow knights, dignitaries of the amred forces, your Royal Highness, ladies and gentlmen."

"I would like to apologize for my waiting so long to speak, but to chose the proper words to describe a man such as Lt. Nicollo was a hard task indeed."

"When I first met Lt Nicollo, he was a member of the Wiltshire Army, and performing one of the most selfless acts I have ever seen or heard tell of, finding the daughters of Lady Myrnia."

"I asked him to join the Knight of the Phoenix and we were lucky enough to obtain his services."

"To tell all that he has done in his far to short time with us is a grand task. He was a loyal and honored member of our Knighthood, a recognized and respected member of the Wiltshire Amry, a foutain of information and insight in the Military Acadamy, and above all, a loyal and true friend."

"I am lucky to have ever known a person as dedicated, loyal, and honorable as him, and strive to be as he was. A cornerstone for which my friends and family can depend."

"My friend, I salute you."

Raythouse stands to attention, his jaw clenched tight, and salutes, a single tear sliding down his firm visage.

He steps down and returns to his seat.

shawn_math - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:47 pm

Wakking up to the casket I produce a small metal flask. It is filled with smooth whiskey and I slip it into Sir. Nicollo's pocked.

Engraved on the side is the following: A few drinks will ensure your warm on your final journey.

Stepping back he joins his comrades on such a sad day

Palestine_Steel - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:26 pm

Palestine_Steel is saddened by this news like any member of the KOP
And any friend of sir Nicollo.

Palestine_Steel puts a flower beside the grave of sir Nicollo and goes back into attention

You will truly be remembered as a defender of England and as a friend.

aeron - Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:50 pm

aeron had been greatly saddened upon hearing of the death of sir niccolo, and while approaching the grave of the fallen hero, notices clouds gathering in the west.It appears that the heavens themselves morun the loss of sir niccolo, he murmers to himself, before reaching the grave. You were a good man in life, and you died an honourable death, he says,before placing a flower upon the grave, saluting, and walking back to rejoin the congregation.

Nicollo - Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:54 am
Quote :
OOC: Thank you very much for all of the warm thoughts. I didn't know Nicollo's death was going to generate all of this attention. It's really great to see the wonderful RPing surrounding this event both here and in the other threads. End OOC

The crowd hushed as an older man and woman approached the casket where Nicollo lay. The older woman was sobbing softly, clutching onto the man almost as if she needed him to keep her from falling, which was probably the case.

Behind them walked a tall man with a very strange look. He has wearing a long flowing black robe. At his side appeared to be a long straight sword. Around his head was tied a black headband holding down two fur pieces that hung from either side of his head. The black hair on his head stood straight up. He was unshaven, his facial hail getting longer as it approached his chin, resulting in a long pointed beard. His face itself was also very different. The complexion of his skin and shape of his eyes has never been seen here before. His nose was unnaturally round, almost animal like. His face was calm, but stoic…like stone.

As the couple approached Nicollo the woman broke free of the man and clutched the casket, wailing uncontrollably. The older man crouched with her, holding her, whispering into her ears. The tall man stood a couple of feet back…still stoic, but if one looked very closely, one could tell he was clenching his teeth. Gradually the woman calmed down. They prayed. After a few minutes they stood, gave the sign of the cross, turned and faced the congregation. The older man gathered himself and stood up straight. The older woman clutched the hand of her husband. One could tell that she could break down again at any moment.

A-hem …, the older man cleared his throat My name is Cesare. I’m Nicollo’s father. This is my wife Catarina. I do not know most of you….A long pause…

I don’t know what to say. I see from all here gathered and the honours bestowed on my son that had made something of himself. I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t recognize that before his death. A short time ago………………I kicked Nicollo out of our house. Laughs… You may not have recognized him. He drank nightly……caroused ……was a general trouble maker and pain in the ass… Laughs again.

It seems that he met some good people out there. People that gave him the focus and purpose to become a man. And it looks like a darn good one. I thank you all. Sobs slightly…thank you…

The couple move to be seated. The tall man bows slightly at the casket and then joins them.

Police_Chief - Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:43 pm

Pc arrives later hoping its not too late and pays his respects to sir Nicollo

IvoLeite - Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:51 pm

IvoLeite steps towards the casket of Nicollo and puts his Uggg sword over the casket.

wanfeng - Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:18 am

Wanfeng comes and pays his last respect to Sir Nicollo hoping he's not too late. He says a prayer for the departed and those who he leaves behind and steps back.

Hutienan - Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:53 am

when Cpl Hutienan heard that one of his fellow comrade had fallen, he quickly close his traven for the day and runs home to put on his number 1 ceremony uniform and run all the way to Hereford. what was suppose to talk 5 days to travel from Salisbury, he took only 2 days to reach Cpl Nicollo house in Hereford. and when he was at the doorstep Hutienan was told by Gen Elson that Cpl Nicollo had been promoted to Lt.

He stands to attention and salutes to his departed comrade biding him a last goodbye and turn to sit with the rest of his comrades.

GenRay(Loren Soth) - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:13 am

Raythouse, with General Elson, goes to the parlour where Nicollo is resting. Raythouse leads the honor guard into position around the coffin, each man in his proper place. He looks to Gen, Elson and nods,

"Company! Attention! Begin....March!"

They slowly and gracefully march from the parlor, a slow dignified march to the cemetery. Raythouse looks ahead, he holds his head high and with pride. Gen Elson marches beside him, a lone drummer sounding a slow beat.

They march out of the KOP headquarters and down the road leading to the compound, the sun shining brightly, the breeze warm and light. As they approach the final resting place of their brother in arms a bagpipe begins to play a mournful tune.

They march to the grave site and step to the sides of the grave, the honor guard laying the coffin on the supports laid out for it.

Raythouse stands to the side, his eyes heavy with moisture and his heart as heavy. He waits for the final, dreaded command.

elson88 - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:34 am

General Elson and his men bow to pay their last respect.

“Today, we shall send you to rest in peace, my friend” General Elson says to Nicollo’s body.

He turns to the peoples and speaks

“Dear fellow noble knights, brother and sisters, ladies and gentlemen

Today is the departure of our brave warrior Lt Nicollo to return to our father

He shall be missed by everyone here. He was sent by the Lord to protect our county and her peoples.

But his duties have not been done and he has not been discharged yet. We still need him and the Lord return him to us."
Quote :
John 11: 21: Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22: But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23: Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24: Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

"Amen "

General Elson squats down and grasp a hand full of soil and throws it into the grave, on top of the casket .

Gen. Gooch De Grey - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:36 am

"Amen" and Gooch gives his final salute to his fallen brother.

Heripy - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:40 am

Heripy enters the presecion and watches teh commotion, not being very good at public events, sits near the back to watch....

He lifts his head and whispers to himself....Then lowers his head an d holds his hands, kneeling on the ground for the soul of Nicollo. Heripy feels the thickness in the room and sweats to hide his tears.

Heripy thinks to himself, "Nicollo is the bes tof many of us and he is an examle of how to live, i must follow his example of honor and discipline."

Heripy rises and leaves, not able to hand such hard emotions...He leaves saluting the Lt. from the entrence. He lowers his head and leaves. Hoping to one day rivil his attributes to honor his life.....

GenRay(Loren Soth) - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:48 am

Raythouse fights back the emotion that threatens to overwhelm him, "I salute my friend. For your journey." he places a small bag in the grave on top of the coffin.

Raythouse steps to the side, "Company! Dismissed!"

The honor guard marches away, slowly in formation. Raythouse stands at the head of the grave looking down into it. The men begin to cover the casket with dirt, each shovel full a stab at his heart. He waits until the grave has been filled before turning to return to the Headquarters.

Palestine_Steel - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:51 am

Cpl. Palestine_Steel approches the body with great sadness. Little did he know of Lt. Nicollo, but a great knight and friend he was indeed.

Lt. Nicollo, you have died protecting england, and the kop will die doing the same.

May you rest in peace friend

Thorax - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:55 am

Lt Thorax came near Lt Nicollos grave. He could see everyone else standing by the side with great sadness. Some were leaving after the troops were dismissed. But he still stood there speechless.

After someone brought him to his senses, He saluted Lt Nicollo for the last time and walked away with a feeling of losing someone important..

wanfeng - Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:23 am

PVT Wanfeng came to attention, saluted and resounded with his own, "AMEN!"

Upon the command given by LT Raythouse, Wanfeng puts his whole mind unto the shovel, packing up the hole in the ground with earth. As he work with the shovel with other men, he recalls of the valiant efforts of LT Nicollo.

At the end of all the men's effort, finally we can say that LT Nicollo can Rest in Peace...

With heavy hearts, the men move away from the grave after all their work.

Winslow - Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:27 am

Feeling awkward at the graveside of one that had given so much for the Cause. Winslow knelt and said a silent prayer.
Standing he resolved to resume an active role and give his life to the KoP once again.

*May the road rise to meet you my friend.*

finished moving from the old forum... anyone is allowed to continue here...
Back to top Go down
https://kotp.forumotion.net

(RP) Memorial Service for Nicollo
Page 1 of 1